Grilled steak really sings after spending some time in a flavorful Oikos Greek Nonfat
Yogurt marinade. A grilling recipe secret from Chef Michael Symon that’s worth sharing!
- 1lb. skirt or flank steak cut in to thin wide strips against
the grain, 16 strip total
- ½ cup Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime (3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Whisk together the Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt, lime juice,
paprika, cumin, garlic powder, mustard, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Season the marinade with salt and pepper then add your skirt/flank steak. Pour everything
in to a re-sealable bag and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Remove the steak from the refrigerator half
an hour prior to cooking to take the chill off of it.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and thread onto 18 skewers. Place the skewers
on the grill for 2 minutes per side, until nicely charred.
- Remove to a platter and garnish with some picked and torn cilantro leaves and a
squeeze of lime. Serve and enjoy!
8 (2 skewer per serving)