Roasted Chicken with Cumin and Orange
Chef Michael Symon’s secret to juicy baked chicken is a thick, creamy Dannon®
Oikos® Greek Nonfat Yogurt marinade. This one features a marriage of citrus,
paprika, and cumin.
- 4 skin on chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with plenty of salt and pepper on both sides then place
them in a gallon sized re-sealable bag.
- Whisk together the Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt, cumin, smoked
paprika, orange zest and juice and garlic. Pour this mixture in to the bag with
the chicken, seal and make sure all of the chicken gets coated. Marinate in the
refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 3.
- Remove your chicken from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking to take the chill
off of it.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, wiping off any excess and preheat your oven
to 400 degrees. Discard the marinade.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive
oil along with the chicken, skin side down.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until the skin is golden brown then flip the chicken and
place the whole pan in the oven. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken has finished
cooking through. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with Creamless Corn (can remove skin from chicken before eating).