Making the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites into two separate large bowls, and make sure that there are no traces of egg yolks in the egg whites.
- Using an electric beater mix -at a high speed- the egg yolks and sugar for around 5 minutes or until you get a thick white mixture that can form a thick ribbon if you drizzle the mixture with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until you get thick white peaks. Make sure that the beaters are clean and dry.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and continue folding gently using the spatula.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add it to the cake batter. Continue mixing with the spatula until all the ingredients are well integrated.
- Place parchment paper in a buttered baking sheet (10" x 15" size) and butter then parchment paper. Pour the batter in the baking sheet and spread evenly using a spatula. Bake for 5-7 min.
- Gently press on the surface of the cake to check if it is done — it should feel smooth and firm. Make sure not to over-bake the cake otherwise it will become dry.
- Once done, cover the cake with a damp towel and flip the baking pan. Remove the baking pan and the parchment paper covering the cake. The cake should be lying on the damp towel at this point.
- Gently roll the damp towel and the cake together as if you were rolling a carpet. Let it sit on your kitchen counter until completely cooled down.
Making the Raspberry Filling:
- Cut the raspberries in half.
- In a large bowl mix the raspberries with the Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
Making the Chocolate Icing:
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix the chocolate with the Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt.
- Keep at room temperature so it is easily spread.
- Gently unroll the cake. The cake should be completely cooled down at this point. Do not worry if the cake breaks a bit, it will be covered once the cake is rolled again.
- Spread the raspberry filling into the cake.
- Gently roll the cake back as if you were rolling a carpet. Place the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake cools down, cut both edges of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Spread the chocolate icing over the cake.
- Decorate with whole raspberries and powdered sugar.
- Place the cake in the fridge. Remove the cake from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.