- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan (12-cup capacity).
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter on medium-low speed in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until smooth and light in color, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and blend in well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, at 1-minute intervals, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat for about 1 minute longer. Blend in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce the speed to low. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. (3 parts flour/2 parts yogurt). Mix only until incorporated after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 10 seconds longer.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown on top and it begins to come away from the sides of the pan. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool the cake on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert and gently remove the pan. Before serving, dust the top with the confectioners' sugar.
Cinnamon Pecan: Combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup chopped pecans and 3 tablespoons sugar and fold into prepared batter just before baking.
Chocolate Fleck Cake: Fold in 1/2 cup finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate just before baking.
Citrus Cake: Add the zest of one orange and one lemon when creaming the butter.